Before the construction of the Executive Office Building (Building 2) across Cooper Street, the Executive Offices and Recording Studios were located here in Building 15.
Originally in 1907, Building 15 was constructed as a 4 story structure, with two recording studios on the top floors. By 1911, the building was expanded by 3 more floors with an additional recording studio added to the building.
Building 15 was predominantly constructed of brick and wood and had wooden floors, so it was never suitable for conversion into a manufacturing facility nor was it conducive for serious laboratory work.
By 1917, the executive offices had moved out of Building 15 and into Building 2.
In 1973, Building 15 was torn down and replaced by a parking lot at the SW corner of N. Front and Cooper Streets.